CT-AIMH Announces TWO (2) FREE Infant Mental Health Trainings for Home Visitors:
(1) Six-day Home Visitor IMH Training Series
Dates: August 22 and 29, September 5, 12, 20, and 27, 2019
Location: United Way of New Haven, 370 James Street, 4th floor
Presenters: IMH-Endorsed® in-state presenters
Audience: Home visitors (B-3, MIECHV, EHS, FRC, PAT, etc.)
Included: Breakfast, lunch, materials, children’s books, and scholarships to pay for IMH-Endorsement®
Sponsored by: DCF Elm City Project LAUNCH Click Here to Register
(2) Online Training Modules for Home Visitors
Featuring a module created by CT-AIMH- Introduction to Infant Mental Health
A total of 9 modules are available in a learning management system called CourseSites.
Infant Mental Health
Communicating with Families
Parents with Cognitive Limitations
Family Play and Infant Development
Family Play and Toddler Development
*All of the modules will also soon be available in Spanish.
It is easy, sign in as a “student” in Blackboard by creating a username and password. Then you will have access to any of the modules, and you can view them at your own pace.
How to access:
- Ensure that you are using a supported browser – either Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
- Complete a quick, one-time registration process and create a user name and password in Blackboard CourseSites.
- You will receive an email message with instructions. Once you have ‘student’ status, you will be able to access the modules at any time.
This project was developed for the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood by the Center for Early Childhood Education in collaboration with the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium (CTDLC). The development of this work was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Innovation grant (# UH4MC30743). The modules are licensed as Open Educational Resources, which means there are only a few restrictions on how they can be used, and those are listed here: https://creativecommons.