We are delighted that you are interested in the Connecticut Association for Infant Mental Health (CT-AIMH) Endorsement® process. You will find here the information that you will need to determine what category you believe you fit, what competencies you need to acquire, what you need to get started on your portfolio as well as the answers to the many questions that you may have.
What is Endorsement®?
The intent of the CT-AIMH Endorsement® is to recognize and document the development of infant, early childhood and family professionals within an organized system of culturally sensitive, relationship-based, infant and early childhood mental health learning and work experiences. The CT-AIMH Endorsement® will verify that an applicant has attained a level of education as specified, participated in specialized in-service trainings, worked with guidance from mentors or supervisors, and acquired knowledge to promote the delivery of high quality, culturally sensitive, relationship-focused services to infants, toddlers, parents, other caregivers and families. The CT-AIMH Endorsement® will provide information of significant benefit to employers, referral sources, and the courts seeking expert witnesses related to the social and emotional development of infants and young children and their families. Of additional importance, the CT-AIMH Endorsement® will be useful in developing individual professional development plans.
Why should I apply for Endorsement®?
- To enhance your professional profile as a specialist in the infant and family field.
- To affirm the specialized knowledge and skills you have acquired through formal education experience and in-service training
- To validate the work that you have done under the guidance and supervision of experienced mentors in the infant family field
- To link your professional growth and development to competency standards that reflect best practice; and
- To be identified as a competent professional in a system that reflects commitment to best practice and quality care for all infants, toddlers and families.
For more information about the Endorsement for Culturally Sensitive, Relationship-focused Practice Promoting Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health®, please contact our Endorsement Coordinator, Heather Bonitz-Moore, MS, ATR-BC, LPC, IECMH-E® at [email protected].
Copyright © 2018 CT-AIMH
Miranda Creative website