CT-AIMH IS HOSTING FREE 11-DAY INFANT AND TODDLER MENTAL HEALTH VIRTUAL TRAINING SERIES FOR EARLY CARE AND EDUCATION PROVIDERS
This series is designed specifically for childcare providers (including early Head Start) who are working with infants and toddlers.
Dates: Tuesdays: October 13, 20, 27; Nov 3, 10, 17, 24; and Dec 1, 8, 15 and 22, 2020 from 12:30 – 2:30pm.
All days will be from 12:30-2:30pm. Each person is strongly encouraged to attend all 11 days, in order to get the full benefit of the series and to experience relationship-building. Please, do not divide up one slot (11 sessions) between different people.
These workshops are available due to a grant through the Office of Early Childhood.
Topics will include: Introduction to IMH, Attachment, Brain Development, Temperament, Sensory Integration, Partnering with Families, The Importance of Play, Child Development, Understanding Behavior, and Reflective Practice.
- Stipends for staff coverage will be available. Limited availability based upon the number of requests. Please, fill out and return the Application for Stipend Form at the end of the 11 days.
- There is no fee for these workshops
- Certificates of Attendance will be issued following the workshop series, following a brief evaluation
- FREE Reflective Supervision group experience for one year for anyone who wishes to apply for IMH Endorsement® (also free-for application at Category 1).
- FREE children’s books and a FREE clear face mask, so children can see your smile and see your mouth forming words when you read to them and talk to them. Will distribute at a central location.
- Zoom links for the training series will be sent to you after you register.
- This same 11-part IMH series will be offered, in Spanish, in early 2021.