What is involved in the Endorsement® process?
1. Determine your Endorsement® Category
2. Register on the Endorsement Application System (EASy), which involves submitting preliminary information and paying the EASy registration fee with a credit card via PayPal. When registering on EASy, it is strongly recommended that you register using a personal email address (e.g., gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc). Employer email servers often block messages sent by the EASy system.
3. Endorsement® applicants must have a current membership with CT-AIMH or another IMH association. If you need to join or renew CT-AIMH membership, you can do so at My CT-AIMH. CT-AIMH memberships run on a calendar year. Any 1-year membership purchased before December 1 will expire December 31 of the same year. Any 1-year membership purchased after December 1 will expire December 31 of the following year. For example, a 1-year membership purchased on November 30, 2017 will expire on December 31, 2017. A 1-year membership purchased on December 2, 2017 will expire on December 31, 2018. There are no exceptions that can be made to this rule.
4. EASy will email you a username and password
You will be able to change your username and password after you log in for the first time, then you then you can begin to work on your Endorsement® application.
5. Build your professional application, including work, in-service training, and supervisory experiences
This reflects your capabilities within the infant and family field. You will be asked to list the names and email addresses for the 3 individuals who will complete reference rating forms on your behalf. EASy will send an email to each reference rater; the whole process is done electronically. Please, ask your reference raters for a personal email address so they will receive the secure link to complete the form on EASy. You will also be asked for official transcripts, which you should request as soon as you get started on the process. All official transcripts can be mailed to: CT-AIMH, Attn. Linda Isakson, 230 S. Frontage Road, New Haven, CT. 06520.
6. Once your application is complete (ALL sections, including reference ratings and transcripts uploaded by CT-AIMH), you may “Submit” by clicking the button that appears on your EASy dashboard. This includes paying the Endorsement Processing Fee by credit card via PayPal. We recommend that you contact the Endorsement® Coordinator before you submit your application.
7. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis at this time. Infant Family Associate & Infant Family Specialist applicants receive an Endorsement® decision after at least two trained volunteers who have earned Endorsement® examine and approve the application.
8. Exam. IMH Specialist & IMH Mentor applicants move on to the written Endorsement® exam after at least two trained volunteers who have earned Endorsement® examine and approve their application. CT-AIMH offers the written exam twice a year, usually in May and November.
Copyright © 2018 CT-AIMH
Miranda Creative website