ENDORSEMENT FOR CULTURALLY SENSITIVE, RELATIONSHIP-FOCUSED PRACTICE PROMOTING INFANT AND EARLY CHILDHOOD MENTAL HEALTH® (Endorsement)
Endorsement is an internationally recognized credential used to demonstrate specialization in the infant-early childhood mental health (IECMH) field. Endorsement supports and recognizes the development of professionals who work with or on behalf of pregnant people, infants, young children, and their families. Endorsement was developed by MI-AIMH in 2002 and is now used by 33 state associations of infant mental health (AIMHs) and two international associations. Each of those AIMHs is a member of the Alliance for the Advancement of Infant Mental Health. Through the Alliance, Endorsement in Connecticut is recognized in each of the 35 AIMHs! As of December 31, 2021, over 4,600 professionals had earned Endorsement worldwide!
Who can apply?
The Endorsement credential is intended for everyone who applies IECMH principles in their work across the full continuum of promotion, prevention/early intervention, clinical intervention/treatment, and macro scopes of practice. This includes any professional who has experience working with or on behalf of pregnant people, infants, young children, parents, and/or other caregivers.
Why apply for Endorsement?
- To grow and develop as a professional in the rapidly expanding infant, young child and family field
- To be recognized by employers and peers for having attained a level of competency in culturally sensitive, relationship-focused practice that promotes IECMH
- To better support the infants, young children, families, students, agencies, and institutions in the promotion of IECMH
Steps to Endorsement:
- Identify your scope of work and align that with the category of Endorsement that fits best
- Promotion (e.g., early childhood education, pediatricians, child welfare, etc.)
- Prevention/Early Intervention (e.g., home visiting, early head start, IECMH consultation, etc.)
- Prevention/Early Intervention & Macro (e.g., home visiting AND reflective supervision)
- Clinical Intervention/Treatment (e.g., infant/child parent psychotherapy, Child First, etc.)
- Macro (e.g., researcher, provider of reflective supervision, policy maker, etc.)
- Register on EASy, CT-AIMH’s web-based system for applying for Endorsement. Visit EASy at https://ctaimh.myeasy.org/ OR https://ctaimh.myeasy.org/es for EASy Español. The first time you visit EASy, click Register under New Applicant
- EASy asks you to provide some details about your work, education, and RSC experiences. Complete and submit, including payment of the registration fee and membership fee if not already a member of CT-AIMH.
- Log into EASy and prepare application (minimum 4-weeks to complete). Once completed, submit application along with payment of the processing fee
- Application review and, for Infant or Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist & Infant or Early Childhood Mental Health Mentor applicants, successful completion of a written exam
- Endorsement! Begin using the IMH-E® or ECMH-E® credential after your name
The application includes:
- Specialized education, work, in-service training, leadership, and RSC experiences
- Transcripts (unofficial) from colleges/universities where competencies were met
- Three reference rating forms; completed electronically via EASy
- Code of Ethics, signed electronically via EASy
- Endorsement Agreement, signed electronically via EASy
Copyright © 2023 CT-AIMH
Miranda Creative website